Summer vacations in Austria
Summer vacations in the alpine village St. Johann im Pongau in
Summer is calling and with it a series of activities that you can enjoy around the Landhaus Alpenjuwel Hiking directly from the doorstep, mountain biking or e-biking in the surrounding mountains, hiking at airy heights or the first golf swings at the “Open Golf” golf course St. Johann – these are just some of the highlights that you can enjoy during your summer holiday
Summer active holiday in Austria
Hiking on the town´s home mountain in Alpendorf offers a sporting challenge and the possibility to take pleasant walks with a quaint stopover. Cycling over the Tauern bike trail, which leads you on the same level to the city of Salzburg, or tackle the sporting challenge of the mountain bike trails. Whether beginner or experienced golfer; the “Open Golf” golf course in St. Johann in Pongau offers the right terrain for all skill levels. Whether swimming, tennis or other outdoor sports – in the St. Johann in Pongau region, your active holiday comes by no means too short.
Family holiday on the Geisterberg
For families and children, the Alpendorf St. Johann in Pongau with its Geisterberg offers a special experience. The adventure and leisure park is located at 1.767m and can be reached by the cable car. The children playfully explore nature and the fascination of mountains. Here, the children experience four worlds of ghosts and explore different ghosts on the pixy path. Enjoy with your children the magnificent view of the surrounding mountains and experience a family holiday with fun, games and action in the fresh air.
A wide range of sightseeing locations in Summer
- Festival City Salzburg: Close by (approx. 60 km): only approx. an half an hour´s drive to Salzburg
- Burg Hohenwerfen (approx. 16 km): Falcon show in the castle court yard
- Freilichtmuseum: only a few kilometres from the city of Salzburg you can experience farmer´s history.
- Liechtensteinklamm: one of the longest and deepest gorges of the Alps, the legendary Liechtensteinklamm
- Tappenkarsee: the wild-romantic high lying Mountain Lake at 1.763 m above sea level, a popular hiking destination of the Tannenhof guests.
- Großglockner Hochalpenstraße: take a break on the Großglockner Hochalpenstraße (toll road approx. 47 km): drive to the Glacier Pasterze and the Hochtor (2.575 hm)
- Jägersee: high lying reservoirs in Kaprun
- Eisriesenwelt (approx. 20 km): the largest developed ice cave in the world
- Take a break under the Sonnblick: 3.105 m, National Park Hohe Tauern
- Hochkönig: autumn hike to the Hochkönig 2.941 hm
These and many other destinations can be reached in the immediate vicinity of our Landhaus Alpenjuwel. Please send us your non-binding enquiry.